Tuesday, January 04, 2005

That's what I want

I want to be rich.

I'm not talking about having enough money to do things like to go to Linens n' Things last night and drop $28.06 on towels without first figuring out what bills I wasn't going to pay in order to afford that trip. I'm not talking about a $300/month car payment being a non-issue. I'm not even talking about living in the city and having a cute little cabin on the lake to escape to on summer weekends.

I'm talking filthy, stinking rich.

I want to be able to walk into Nordstrom with my limitless platinum American Express (ever notice that AMEX is really the snottiest credit card?) and throw 10 pairs of $150 jeans on the counter without a second thought. I want to breeze through Target and buy whatever I want. I want the Pottery Barn red couch that costs $1500, and I want the matching loveseat and armchair, too. I want my own private plane (even though I hate flying), a chauffer, and vacation houses in the following locales:

Austin (on a lake)
Possum Kingdom Lake
Destin
Nassau
Santa Monica
New York
Chicago
Seattle
Munich
Interlaken
London
Dublin

You get the idea.

I want to have so much money that it's obscene. I want a luxury box for every UT home football game, and for their bowl games. I want to go to every UT away game. I want boxes for Mavs games, Rangers games, and Stars games. I also want one for Red Sox games, as well as a residence in Boston where I can stay.

The funny thing is that I'm really not all that materialistic. I just occasionally have these moments where I think "Goddamn, I want to be a rich bastard".

I want money (that's what I want).

3 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Tom said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

but come on, seriously, if you're filthy crazy absurdly rich there is no way, no way, you'd buy anything at target. rich folk buy luxury boxes, $150 jeans, etc. but do not shop at target.

also, you didn't mention buying a boat. you're rich, you gotta have a boat. a big one. for the lake. and another really really big one, for the eastern seaboard. berth in new york harbor, that's where you throw your parties. trip down to VA or SC for summer vacation. and weekend trips from new york to boston, for sox games.

and what about jewelry, private security, new cars, and your own production company. why have boatloads of money and not throw some away on bad action movies. or be cool about it and fund independent films. that'd be cool.

also, I'm really good ont the phone, so when you get the dough and need someone to arrange for a berth in ny or a luxury box or some property in europe, gimme a call and a salary, and you're set.

ps I also accept xbox games

-Tom

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger K said...

Well, the thing is that I don't really wear jewelry, so I wouldn't really have much use for anything expensive. I wear this pair of small silver hoops 99% of the time, and I've had them for years.

I meant to mention a boat. I want a sailboat, and a yacht, and I want the yacht to be obscenely big, too. Maybe I'll own a cruise ship of my own, and I can sail it to the Bahamas. Independent films would be cool, I suppose. Maybe I'd have some racehorses.

And I would totally shop at Target, because Target rocks.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger K said...

Oh. And I want a house in the Hamptons. I could totally be a rich snob.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home