Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Dude!

There are people besides Tom and Susan that read this thing? Holy crap on a stick!

Part of me is tempted to say "Yo, if you read this, comment and say 'I read this!'", but part of me is terrified that people really DON'T, and I'm just overshooting my appeal.

Whatever. Even if only 4 people read it, that's fine.

At lunch today, two amusing things happened:

1) the owner of the pizza place hit on me. Apparently, this was blatant, but being me, I completely missed it. My co-workers, however, did not, and they enjoyed an hour of teasing me mercilessly. He's rather good-looking, but I prefer not to mix my eating establishments with potential dates. I did that once with a Starbucks barista, and it was a solid month before I could go in there post-breakup without staring at the floor the whole time.

2) I had an Idea. An Idea of grand inspiration. To explain this, I must give you a bit of background information about advertising agencies. There are 3 major departments: account service (business side--they communicate between the client and the agency), media (number crunchers/analysts/"brains of the operation"), and creative (I think you can get that one on your own). Media and creative generally do not cross paths. And when we do, it's like trying to get an engineer to understand the mindset of a philosophy student.

But, never fear, because here comes my Idea.

Media v. Creative kickball game. Losing department pays for the margarita machine rental.

Our ref will be my friend from Account Service, so as not to bring in a biased judge.

Hell yes.

Gonna take my chance
Gonna rock and dance
Gonna hit the ground
with a brand new sound

3 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Tom said...

you left out the part about how advertising people really really love their margaritas. 220 margaritas for that tiny office of yours? that's crazy. just plain nuts.

on the other hand, this is coming from a guy who thinks drinking tequila is, to quote my cousin, "like drinking an ashtray"

ps. hello to all you readers who don't just skim the entries but also read the comments. don't be shy ;)

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger K said...

110 8 oz margaritas will not be enough for 30 people. Perhaps we'll just add mix in and stick with one machine...

 
At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tom i know that was aimed at me.

I consider myself a fair person. i skim comments too.

kelly yes sometimes i read your blog. i think you are funny. i have the same anxieties about my lj. i wonder why if an anonymous poster posts, why they don't comment. or worse, why they post under pseudonym (tom, i'm looking at you). i wonder if i read yours and you don't read mine, does that make me a loser?

tom i know what you're thinking, keep it to yourself. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home