Monday, May 16, 2005

I just want to be taken seriously.

This is one of those "Poor me." blogs.

If you hate reading them, stop. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Do not bitch at me about this, because I do not care. It's my blog, and I'm not going to spew sunshine out of my ass all of the time.

Moving on.

I realize several things about myself.

I realize that I look very young for my age. I am aware that knowing no parameters (i.e., if I'm in college, done with college, in high school, working, etc.), most people would peg me to be 17-18. With the assumption in place that I'm in college, I tend to get 18-19.

People never assume that I've graduated, so I've never gotten the minimum guess of 22 before.

I realize that I look sweet. I'm blonde(ish). I'm short. Some might go so far as to describe me as "petite". I think I have too much personality for that term, but whatever.

I realize that I tend to be softspoken in situations where I do not know people.

What pisses me off is that people assume that, because of my appearance, I'm stupid. I'm imcompetent. I'm gullible. I'm sweet. I'm naive.

I'm NOT.

I'm intelligent. I dont' say this because I'm conceited, but because it's true. I'm very competent. I learn quickly, and I remember what I've learned. I'm not gullible. In fact, I'm very slow to trust people. I'm very closed off. I do not like to let people in. I'm not sweet. I'm blunt as hell with a mouth that a sailor would be ashamed of. I say things like "Fuck" and "Penis" and "Asshat" without a second thought. I'm not naive. I'm not going to qualify that one, but I'm not naive.

Stop assuming this shit about me. Stop assuming that because of the way I look, you can offer me $50 for tickets that I'm asking for $60 for. Stop saying things like "Sweetie, face value for those is $44."

Yes, and then there were $12 in service charges, so face is now $56. And I want that $12. Don't say "If those were lower level..." The game is sold out. There are guys donating kidneys for tickets to the Mavs playoff games. They are not going to care what level these seats are at. They do not have a possibly obstructed view. So when I say "I'll take $60", I'm not going to buy your bullshit justification of why they're not worth $60.

1 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Straving forcused %%desc%% maean we have remove obstacles %%desc%% that block our visual path.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home