Sunday, December 11, 2005

What a feeling.

I don't remember the last time I was this productive on a Sunday at such an early hour.
I woke up, went to the gym, had a bloody mary, had lunch, watched a little TV, and then ran into an issue with my cell phone. For some reason, it decided to randomly restart itself while I was mid-text message. This, along with the fact that the display has been wonky lately, finally motivated me to go to the Sprint store and get them to check things out.

Somehow, I got the nicest Sprint employee ever. He decided to override his tech so I wouldn't have to wait 45 minutes for diagnostics to be run and just give me a new phone. It's the same phone, but that's fine. Miraculously, I didn't lose my numbers this time!!! I think this marks my 5th phone since signing up with Sprint. Unfortunately, of those 5, only one was a "chosen upgrade". Everything else happened as a result of whatever the most basic Samsung flip phone model at the time crapping out.

Next time, I think I'll buy a Sanyo.

While I was waiting for them to finish swapping my numbers and other stuff to the new phone, I wandered around Mockingbird Station. Even though it's worth your left (insert favored body part here) to get a parking spot at that place on a Sunday two weeks before Christmas, it's a pretty cool shopping area. They had a saxaphone playing Santa Claus (who looked surprisingly real, and who was surprisingly good) that I stopped to listen to for a bit while I had a cup of coffee at Starbucks. I also swung into Bath & Body Works for a "Tree" scented candle (since I lack the time to deal with a real tree this year), and browsed through Urban Outfitters (which prompted me to decide I need a fondue set).

For the record, I love shopping alone. Additionally for the record, I stopped in Paperie Co., which is obviously NOT a store designed with me in mind... I found a greeting card organizer and couldn't believe that people buy this crap.

After I retrieved my (new) phone, I headed back home, and actually buckled down and cleaned up my apartment. I still need to vacuum and clean the bathroom, but all of the dishes are in their proper place, the random bits of trash are cleaned up, the trash is taken out, and even the couch cushions are actually straightened up.

The real shocker is that all of this was done while it was still light out, and I suddenly realized that I'm not cut out for being productive because I get bored way too easily. I also realized that while I've got a lot of great friends in Dallas, they're spread out all over kingdom come, which is annoying when you want to do something casual like grab coffee or a bloody mary.

(I have the weirdest cravings for bloody marys lately. It's not surprising, given my love for all things tomato-related, but Matt is starting to think I'm even more off my rocker than previously indicated.)

In other words, it takes coordination, planning, and a specific event to motivate us to drive 10 or 15 miles to get to each other's houses. The ones who do live nearby are, unfortunately, otherwise occupied today.

At least now I only have 29 minutes to kill until Grey's Anatomy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home