Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Girls' time.

For the first time in my life, I have more female friends than I do male friends.

This is utterly bizarre. I do not relate well to females. I don't know how to do makeup. I hate the mall. I do not like to dance. I don't wear heels. I don't know what my wedding dress will look like. I don't even know if I want to get married. I don't really like babies. I fear (and hate) committment. I do not like backstabbing and gossip.

In summary, the only girly things about me are:

a) I like romantic comedies. A lot.
b) I do not like beer. I have tried. I just don't like it. End scene.
c) I am addicted to Sex & the City, and pinot grigio.
d) I like pop music.

I like to talk about college football. At length. I know rankings. I read ESPN.com daily... usually more than once a day. I love to camp. I hate being indoors. I prefer shorts, a tshirt, and a baseball cap to a skirt, a tank top, and every hair in place.

As I'm sure that you can see, I fit in much better with the guy crowd talking about pre-season rankings over a piece of red meat than I do with the girl crowd buying lingerie at Victoria's Secret.

(I don't even own lingerie. What the hell is the point?)

But since I've moved to Dallas, I've found that the majority of my friends are girls. I'm not complaining--they're amazing people, and tend to lean towards not being girly moreso than being mall-obsessed. Someone once said that you spend your teen years acquiring as many girlfriends as you can, your twenties sorting through them, and your thirties holding onto the ones you have left for dear life.

I'm done sorting.

My best friend in Dallas is always there. On any given night, we're probably at her apartment (or mine, once I move) watching television or working our way back through Sex & the City, season by season. I have two high school friends that I'm still in touch with. They like to drag me out and make me dance. There are five or six more girls who are always up for happy hour or going to see the newest chick flick.

Sure, the guys are still around. But right now, it's time for the girls, apparently.

Oh, girls just wanna have fun

1 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's right bitches!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home