Thursday, January 20, 2005

Karma's a bitch

I did something to piss someone in power off.

I'm not entirely sure what, but they've exacted their revenge via two avenues: Dallas traffic and the United States Postal Service.

I left a little bit late for work this morning, at 8:20. I don't *have* to be there until 9, so I was still on track to be there in plenty of time. I was up until 2 AM working at home, so I figured that being a few minutes late wouldn't be the end of the world.

My commute is in the opposite direction of what MOST Dallas commuters are doing. There's still traffic, and it can be heavy, but 90% of the time it's moving along steadily, particularly the 75N stretch of the commute. I have to go about 4 miles on 75 before I switch to 635, which is generally the problem child of the 13 mile trip.

This morning, I got onto 75 at 8:21.

I merged onto 635 at 9:23.

I finally got to work at 9:47, and I had a 10:00 meeting to haul ass to.

An hour to travel 4 miles. Oh. My. God.

Gah. Gah! GAH!

While I was at work, hating my life as usual, I checked the status of my package from Amazon.com.

This package already had a saga. They attempted to deliver it on January 15 to the 75208 zip code.

I live in 75206, and yes, I gave Amazon the correct shipping address.

So, the package is recorded as being missent and then returned to the facility on the 15th. I'm sure you can understand why I was getting concerned when the website said it went out again for delivery on the 16th, and I had seen no sign of it by the 19th. Upon calling the post office's 1-800 number, I was told to just wait for the next status update to the online tracking system.

Today, it said that the package was delivered at 6:50 PM last night. Great, right?

Well, not quite.

I did get a package last night. However, it wasn't from Amazon.com. The idiot postal workers scanned the wrong package as having been delivered, and now I have NO idea where my books and DVD are. And I'm getting pissed. I called the post office again, and this time they're submitting an inquiry to the local post office to find out what the hell the deal is. I should hear from them tomorrow.

It seems only appropriate to use some Postal Service lyrics now, huh?

The district sleeps alone tonight after the bars turn out their lights
and send the autos swerving into the lonliest evening
And I am finally seeing
why I was the one worth leaving

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home