Monday, March 28, 2005

Don't you wish you were me?

Cool things about working in advertising:

  • I am currently wearing jeans, flip flops, a plain black tshirt, and my Northface. Wait, I graduated from college? Huh?
  • We're taking a 2-hour lunch for someone's birthday today. We will take another 2-hour lunch in approximately a month to celebrate three birthdays, which should mean a 6-hour lunch, but I digress.
  • We get free shit. A lot. Let me list the free shit I've gotten in the last 4 months: about 50 lunches, a tshirt, one Mavs game at the Admiral level (and all of the free food and booze that came with it), one Mavs game at the Platinum level (and all of the free food and booze that came with it), subscriptions to about 10 magazines, the People 2005 Yearbook, 2 picture frames, 2 VIP tickets to the Rangers Home Opener (and all of the free food and booze that comes with it), a gumball machine, an 8-pack of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, 2 notebooks (One from EW that has a delectable picture of Jake Gyllenhall on it), lunch at the Four Seasons, lunch at the Mansion... I'll stop now
  • This flip flop/tshirt/jeans thing? I can do this just about any day of the week. The only days that I can't are when we have rep lunches, but hell--I'll throw on a pair of Banana pants for a free lunch.
  • *I* can talk on AIM at work (nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah)
  • This year, I have 12 agency holidays, plus 18 days of PTO. Oh. My. God. I had a 3-day weekend in January, February, and March on the agency's dime. In April, I have a 3-day weekend courtesy of PTO. In May, I have one 4-day weekend, and one 9-day weekend (entire week of Memorial Day off). In July, they give us the 4th and the 5th off.
  • 25 cent Cokes. 'Nough said.

This exercise in positive thinking brought to you by the letter L.

1 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Tom said...

I don't think you can call it a weekend if it's nine days long. also, who says I can't IM at work? I just can't get caught.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home