Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I am Busy and Important.

I am kicking ass and taking names at work. Things went very, very well today, for the most part.

The downside of the day was when my Head Supervisor (caplitalized for emphasis) replied to my e-mail reminding her that I'd requested to take Friday as a PTO day by saying that "since the agency is now closed on Thursday and you and Jane (not her real name) are out on Monday afternoon, we may have to move your PTO day to another date." That was quite disappointing, and I went to my Favorite Supervisor to seek his wise advice.

Well, and to whine because I am not, in fact, out on this upcoming Monday afternoon--that'd be Monday the 11th, not the 4th. He said "Don't worry, it'll be fine." He moved onto this account a week before I did, so we're learning together, and bitching along the way.

The agency is closed on Thursday so that we can attend the funeral for the daughter of one of the agency employees. This is very sad, but it makes me really, really like the people I work for, because not many companies would shut the entire office and still pay the employees so that they could support their co-worker.

At any rate, we have a Beastly Project that has been looming over our heads for a MONTH. However, the client has given us direction, and we are on track to deliver it quickly and perfectly. Of course, I am one of the two people working on this project, and since my partner in crime is swamped with OTHER work, it's all me this week. And so, my Second Favorite Supervisor told me at 4 that I still get to have Friday off (good, because I already made plans that would be difficult to change).

I just have to come in on Thursday while the office is closed to finish this project that's due on Friday.

Instead, I opted to stay until 7 PM tonight, and I busted out half of the project, e-mailed a status update to my Partner in Crime and my Second Favorite Supervisor (which conveniently notes that I left the office at 7 freaking PM). I should have no trouble busting out the second half before I leave the office tomorrow evening, which means I do not have to come into the office on Thursday. Plus, this project gives me face time with my Second Favorite Supervisor. Face time with her has been sorely lacking lately, both because she just hasn't had any projects for me to do, and because my other immediate supervisor is back, and we've had to tackle another Beastly Project that seems to occupy 99.2% of my time.

But the other Beastly Project is coming to a close, and the first Beastly Project is actually not so beastly anymore. Definitely tedious, but not so much beastly.

You know, "this is what my day was like" entries really bore me and bother me. But I'm going to post this anyway, World, because I already typed it.

I don't care how you get to me
Just get to me

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Tom said...

am I the only one who doesn't do work at work? maybe it's a priority thing. my priority is to not do a lot of work (hey, it got me through college).

-tom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home