Friday, April 08, 2005

a Plan.

I have a Plan.

It is a grand plan, a plan that makes me feel settled and content, and a plan that presents little to no opportunity for regret.

This is my Plan.

1) move uptown in August.

2) Continue to work in Dallas until summer 2006

3) Move in summer 2006

I have no freakin' clue where I'm going to move to--that's the beauty of it. It won't be in Texas--that's one thing I do know. Current possibilities include Portland, Seattle, LA, and Chicago.

And of course, I'm sure you all know which one is the frontrunner.

Chicago. Duh.

Maybe I've never told you about my visit to Chicago in November to interview for jobs and get a feel for the city.

It was amazing. Fucking amazing. I can't even begin to explain why, because it wasn't really a tangible thing that made it so great. It was everything--the people, the food, the atmosphere, the culture, the attitude, the feeling, the buildings, the lake.

I walked down the street and it just fit. More than Austin ever did--and my God, did I fit with Austin.

I'm going to go balls to the wall and do something completely scary. I'm going to move to a city where I know exactly one person, where I've spent a total of 4 days in my life, and I'll probably be doing it alone. I'm going to do it because I'm 22, almost 23, and this is the time when I can just pack up and move anywhere--both in terms of my life, and in terms of my job.

And maybe I'll go, and I'll live there for a few years and decide "OK, enough." and I'll move on. But maybe I'll stay, and never stop loving it, and never want to leave.

But damn, I'm excited about finding out.

I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later.

1 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Tom said...

If you move to Chicago you'll have to grow a mustache and get some aviator shades.

da bears.

-t

 

Post a Comment

<< Home