Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Sleep-deprived is not a good look for me.

Seriously.

It's not that I can't function fairly well on small amounts of sleep--while the first few days are generally rough, I get used to it, and my body is OK with 4-5 hours a night on a routine basis. However, the adjustment period sucks motherfucking ass. My eyes hurt from keeping them open. I yawn every 10.2 seconds.

I look like ass.

I feel squinty and lethargic and cumbersome. I cannot think quickly, I cannot type quickly, I cannot do anything quickly.

Well, I can fall into bed and crash quickly, but they tend to frown on that while I'm at work and they're paying me to be here. I'm sure they'd be OK with me staying after hours to nap, but... well, yeah.

It is days like this when I thank my lucky stars that I can show up to work in jeans, flip flops and with my hair in a ponytail with no one batting an eye. Because, people, there is no way in hell I could navigate this day in heels. I can't navigate in heels on a day when I'm coming off of 10 hours of sleep, a killer shower, and an excellent hair day--there is a reason that I own stock in several flip-flop companies.

1 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Tom said...

You know I was thinking, maybe sleep-deprived is the next big thing. Soon we'll see the likes of Paris Hilton or J-lo walking aroud baggy-eyed and mousey-haired. Then the major labels will release makeup lines named "walking dead" or "zombie." It'll sweep the nation. You're a trend setter, dude, you could get a jump on the competition and release a line of jackets with designer mini-pillows stitched to the shoulder. You could call it "Catnap, by KM" and then after its success you can release a mens' line with heavily padded shoulders called "powernap"

trust me, this is gonna be huge.
-t

 

Post a Comment

<< Home