Friday, January 13, 2006

Breakfast casualties.

I've adopted a new plan for eating in the new year.

It goes into effect today, mostly because if you read my description of dinner last night, you know there is no way in hell I've abided by it yet.

Monday through Friday, I eat as heathily as possible. Saturday and Sunday are mine to blow off in terms of eating like absolute shit. However, on Friday mornings, I get to have a breakfast "treat"--namely because I never eat breakfast, and because it's Friday. And that always deserves a little celebration.

Today, I decided to swing by Starbucks on the way to work, figuring that since I was late anyway (wreck on 35. fucking 35.), 5 additional minutes wasn't going to kill anyone. Plus, since my supervisor and I live all of 8 blocks away from each other, chances were good that he was also running late.

He did beat me to work, for the record.

At any rate, I left Starbucks $5.25 poorer, and in posession of a grande Caramel Macchiato and a chocolate donut.

(Sidenote: I liked Starbucks better when it was free or deeply discounted.)

I saw the donut in the display case--one of those chocolate glazed jobs. I love those donuts. I got to work, sat down at my desk, took a sip of the coffee, and then plunged my hand into the bag to grab my donut.

Key word here: plunged.

Yeah, I saw the underside of the donut in the display case. The top of the donut also had chocolate icing (oh man, is it Friday). The top of the donut is what my hand just connected with.
Lovely.

Oh well. Time to put in a little less than 2 hours of work, then we're off to the Four Seasons for our pedicures. I hope that Jen remembered to wear open toed shoes... or I'm going to have a lot of fun telling everyone how goofy she looked walking back into work in those temporary foam flip flops they give you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home