Monday, January 09, 2006

An open letter to Austin.

Dear Austin,

I love you, dear city. I really do. And because of this, I feel as though I should warn you of what you're going to face this weekend.

You see, there's a celebration scheduled for Sunday afternoon at Memorial Stadium. It's just a little shindig being thrown to honor the National Champion Texas Longhorns, complete with the band, cheerleaders, Bevo, and tens of thousands of insane Longhorn fans.

As such, I'm sure that you're anticipating a large crowd of idiots to descend on the Austin City Limits (I still need to steal one of those road signs...). But even though you're prepared for frat boys, former frat boys, crazy middle-aged alumni who like to try to drink the way they did in college, crazy young alumni who tend to forget they're not still in college, and just generally crazy fans, I don't think that you're ready for one of the possibilities.

See, AmiLynn and I may both be in Austin this weekend. And so help you, if we are, I cannot promise to act in a classy manner. Actually, I can promise to act crazy and get absolutely toasted, and I can promise that she'll be crazy and absolutely toasted, and we all know that a crazy and aboslutely toasted AmiLynn can be the stuff of legend.

So I apologize in advance, promise to document the weekend with an obscene number of photographs (though hopefully the subject matter will not be obscene), promise to contribute to the local economy, and promise to do my best to represent my second-generation Longhorn self.

Love,Kelly

Dear MollySara,

As I'm sure you can tell, I'll be in Austin this weekend. A little birdie told me that you will be as well. I'm trying to convince Jenny to come down with me--help me out here, OK?

Love,Jenny needs to see Austin and actually remember it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home