Wednesday, January 04, 2006

And then there are days like today.

It's Wednesday. While most workplaces now subscribe to the Casual Friday idea, it's days like today when I really appreciate the advertising industry and all of its quirks.

One of those quirks is that I'm currently sitting at my desk in jeans, a burnt orange tshirt, flip flops, and a North Face fleece (because while we're quirky, we haven't quite worked out the whole climate control thing). On a Wednesday. Beautiful.

I also discovered today that I can sleep until 7:45, get up, get dressed, straighten my hair, put on makeup, and still be at work by 8:35. Granted, this is a gamble because I never know what traffic will do (yesterday I left work at 6 and it took me almost an hour to get home), but still--sweet. Fifteen more minutes of sleep.

And finally, I have another reason to love my job. Our client gives us a Christmas (Holiday) gift each year. This year's model just arrived at my desk. Items included are:

- 2 of those folding camping/tailgating chairs
- 2 really, really nice travel coffee mugs
- a sweatshirt material blanket
- a soft-sided cooler that rolls with a handle that pulls out
- suckers
- a pen that also has a bubble wand and bubbles in it
- an AM/FM radio (batteries included)

It's really sweet. I can't decide which part is my favorite, but I have to say that the bubble wand-pen has provided the most entertainment thus far. I keep bubbling anyone who walks by my cube. I think this is supposed to double as a spiffy picnic setup.

It's just after 11. Erin and I are headed to lunch shortly, and then I'll have a mere 4.5 hours of work left. I'm leaving no later than 5 PM (I'll actually probably try to get out 10 minutes or so early) and meeting Andrea at the bar to watch the game. I am so nervous that my stomach is in knots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home